Monday, January 26, 2009

THe Perfect Date

Saturday Quentin and I went on a date, I must say that he is the perfect date! It was such a fun time, just he and I. We have not had Mom and son time very much since the arrival of Adrianna and now that I am back at work, I decided that Saturday was the perfect day.

We had a wonderful lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, La Cabana. I must give a little history, we have been going to this restaurant for about 2 years now. The wait staff has not changed or the cooks in the back, we have a set table. Anna and Ramona practically stop what they are doing to welcome Quentin when we walk in. Carlos the manager even comes over and says "hola Quentin" While they are doting on my kid I walk to the back to get the booster chair, by the time I get back they have his coat and hat off, and already have his plate, chips and Ketchup on the table. (Remember Garlic is our number one allergy - salsa has garlic so my poor mexican baby has to eat his chips with Ketchup) On Saturday I realized that my baby is growing up, he ordered for himself when Anna asked what we wanted to drink, he said "sprite please" when it was time to order our lunch he said "I will have the corn dog and fries".
We had quite the conversation while we waiting for our lunch, everything from watching the basketball game that was on, to how he was going to jam out with daddy when we got home.

After lunch I asked him where we were going to go next, he thought for a moment and came up with he wanted to go to Wal Mart to get a new pair of jammies. The child has plenty of jammies but it was his day so off to Wal Mart we went. He picked out a pair of Sponge Bob jammies for himself and said that Adrianna needed new jammies too - he picked out yellow jammies with strawberries on them, then he picked out a Handy Manny Shirt for himself. I purchased a couple of baby gifts for friends who are having babies soon that I need to mail.
On the way to the car after our purchase was made Quentin very sweetly said, "I love you mommy, thank you for my date" I just wanted to cry. I am going to make this a once a month occasion just Quentin and I we need to spend some quality time together, he is growing up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...that was just too precious! You actually brought tears to my eyes. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete