Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Adjustments

There have been adjustments in our family the past few months. Adrianna's arrival in September, Quentin starting a new school also in September. I was on maternity for 16 weeks (I WAS VERY FORTUNATE) while on leave I tried to prepare my husband for the job that he was embarking on as stay at home parent, sadly my 4 month training period didn't have much impact on him.

The house is a little tosseled when I get home, we have a chart of who does what and when the chore should be done I am in a good routine with completing my chores which are grocery shopping, laundry and paying bills. The husband's chores have yet to be completed by him in the 4 weeks that I have been back to work. He has to vaccuum and clean the bathrooms and the kitchen floor, which really are once a week chores - I do laundry each night, cook dinner, pack lunches and get clothes ready for the next day.

Still having only one car we are the way to drop me at work and then the man takes Quentin to school, we are half way to my office and he looks at me and says "did you get the snack for school today?" my response "What are you talking about?" he says "It is Quentin's turn to bring snack today."
This is the first that I am aware it is our turn for snack - HELLO!!! So we had to stop at the grocery store and get snack, raisins, teddy graham crackers and fruit roll ups. Not the best snack but it will work. I told the husband that when he signs up that he needs to tell me so that I can plan better. I am embarrassed that the snack we are providing, while I was off it was homemade granola and yogurt or pigs in a blanket or jello jigglers etc. With more advance notice I will be able to provide a much more healthy snack.

The events of the morning show me that we are still in an adjustment period and that we still have some more training to do.

1 comment:

  1. Now if they would just do it our way everything would be fine!

    ReplyDelete