Friday, January 16, 2009

Are you sure today isn't Monday?!?

Today is not off to a good start; The alarm went off at 5 AM which startled me because the last two weeks I have turned it off due to my 4 month old waking up 15 minutes before the alarm - I actually got to hit snooze and thought this is a good thing!! I could smell the coffee brewing downstairs, I set the auto timer on the coffee so it will be ready when I get out of the shower.
I get downstairs to find a HORRENDOUS mess - last night I must have put too much water in the coffee pot because it had spilled all over the counter and onto the floor, in the 5 years I have had this coffee maker I have never done this, very strange. So I had a HUGE mess to clean up
nothing like getting on your hands and knees at 5:15 AM to scrub the floor. Then I smelled like coffee which is like onions once it is on your skin it takes forever to get off, so back upstairs I go to take a shower.
I get out of the shower and not only is the baby awake but my son is also awake - give me a break my family never even stirs until at least 8:30 AM. So I get everyone settled and then I turn on the news while I pack my lunch - NO SCHOOL AGAIN TODAY, this is the 3rd day in a row which means the kids will have to make up a day in June -
My son who is the star of the week was devasted as school has been closed two of the three days that he goes and he only got to see his bulletin board for one day. I try to assure him that his board will be there when he returns next week, but he didn't believe me.
My usual quiet morning is turned upside down as the whole family is up - I am rushed to get my makeup and hair combed, and dressed and out the door I go. I get to work and the again slide into the spot, get settled at my desk and realize that I have one blue sock and one black and my zipper is down.....LORD is this a Monday? I was looking forward to an easy Friday! Not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment