Thursday, January 8, 2009

BELOW ZERO....STILL

Living in Alaska for most of my life I realize that the winter months are LONG and COLD, normally this doesn't bother me as the Summer's are usually worth toughing out the winter. Last summer sucked, it was cold and rained for the whole season, we reached 70 degrees twice. So nobody was looking forward to Winter. February is usually the coldest month for Alaska and we usually brace ourselves because it means that an end is in sight. This winter however has already sucked and we are now on our 8th straight day of temperatures below zero. I am not talking a couple degrees below zero. Yesterday the high was -14 (yes that is a negative in front of the 14) at my house it was -24 over night.
You know that it is cold when you hear people wishing that the temperature would warm up to 0.
I am sick of this cold weather. The forcast doesn't call for an end to the frigid temps until the middle of next week.
I guess all I can do is hope that this cold weather means that the summer is going to be AWESOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment