Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New President!

We officially have a new president, whatever your views of Barack Obama we should reflect on today as it is a moment in history. If we think back to not very long ago when black Americans and white Americans were not allowed to share the same classroom, bathroom or table, it gives me goose bumps to think that we have come so far. I am grateful that I did not experience that time in American history.

This is a moment in history that our children will be asking what we were doing when, just as we asked our parents what they were doing when President Kennedy was assassinated.

I thought that Barack did an excellent job with his speech after taking the oath of office, lets face it thank god these men (and Hillary) want this job, because if we are honest with ourselves I would not want that job!

No comments:

Post a Comment