Monday, January 12, 2009

Biggest Loser - Family Style

So my family has decided to start off the new year with a competition! This is so fitting for my family as we all cheat in some way when we are playing board games, even my 4 year cheats when playing Candy Land - we all need therapy!

So for different reason besides the obvious that we are all a little overweight we have decided to do Biggest Loser, we are making this official we have rules, there was an entry fee winner takes all (non refundable) and even beginning pictures. Our contest winner will be the person with the highest percentage of weight lost during the four months that we are competing! So it began on Saturday we all weighed in got our pictures taken paid our $50 and then the SMACK talking began! Which totally cracked me up, we are supposed to be getting a spreadsheet that contains each participants starting weight today, I am sure there will be more SMACK talking today.

I was actually surprised at my weight, I was lighter than when I got pregnant and actually lighter than I have been in years. I really think that it has to do with the fact that I am nursing - I am not eating a lot of junk but it seems like what I am eating is being burned with the breast feeding - however that works! Not saying that I don't need to lose some serious poundage, but I was pleasently surprised, it seems that it might take as long for me to get out of the 2 (hundreds) as I was thinking it would!

My husband said that if I am the winner that I could take the money ($500 total) and go on a shopping trip and a makeover in SEATTLE!!!! Ok all my Washington friends get ready because when I win I will be on my way!!!

2 comments: