Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Love Starbucks

My morning could have started out better, I must have turned off my alarm when Adrianna woke up at 3:30 AM. Quentin shared his cold with her so she isn't sleeping well this week so I am not surprised that I could have turned off the alarm. I woke up when she was coughing at 6:40, thinking this is not good I have to leave the house no later than 7:05 AM to make it to work on time. I texted my boss and told her I was going to be late, she said no worries!

I get myself and Quentin dressed his lunch packed and grab some snacks for myself (I am buying lunch today) grab my work bag and out the door we go. I pull into the driveway at Quentin's school and inside we go, well he starts crying because he wants me to stay with him. This has not been an issue since he started school so I was annoyed that he was crying, of course I knew that he would be fine, so I kissed him and told I would see you after work.

Knowing that I was already running behind today I decided to swing into the Starbucks drive thru and get my new favorite drink an Apple Chai Tea Infusion, thanks Kate! It is my turn I order my drink and a Cranberry Orange scone the very delightful girl says they are out, ok no worries how about Lemon Pound Cake thinking I would save it for after my salad at lunch she says no problem we will get that started for and see you at the window. Pull up to the window and with a very sad look on her face the delightful girl says they are out of Lemon Pound cake, determined to have something sweet with my chai I ask about the Blueberry Crumb Cake, yes they have it!! I hand my money through to pay and the delightful girl says that since they were out of the two pastries that I wanted, the Blueberry Crumb Cake was on them!! WOW! I LOVE STARBUCKS! I smiled very BIG and said thank you!

I can't think of a better way to end my not so good morning than that! I did call the store and spoke with the manager about how nice the drive thru attendant was this morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment