Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Little Jealous..Maybe

I have now been back to work for 4 weeks, my daughter is at home with the husband which has made this transition a little easier. When I get home from work I spend all my time with both children in between doing nightly chores and getting ready for the next work day.

My son who is 4 doesn't seem to need me as much because he is 4, Adrianna is only 4 months and still nursing so she needs me a bit more. Last night I was in the kitchen making dinner, my husband was getting ready for work, he had the early shift last night. So he was leaving and I had Adrianna strapped into the baby bjorn - all night had tried to get this girl to smile at me and at least look happy that I was home - nothing. My husband comes into to tell us good bye and she has the BIGGEST smile for him and got all excited when she saw him. I just felt horrible.

I guess I am a little jealous that my husband got this reaction from her, although it makes since because he is the one taking care of her and spends most of the day with her. It is nice though that they are bonding so well! I guess the whole crux of it is, that I want to be the one taking my son to preschool and at home with my daughter. OH well for now I will just learn to deal and cope with the fact that my children may prefer my husband...I will try not to be jealous but it is hard.

1 comment:

  1. All my kids said Dada first before mama. They laughed at the dog first and Didn't my first if you remember laughed at you instead of me. Well NOW I have my mama's boy. He does not run to dad when he comes home, he does not yell at him in the car to play peekaboo and infact he screams louder and harder and bangs his head when dad comes in at night when he cries instead of me. SO in away- it is nice to have a daddy's girl due to the fact that at one point when you want to sleeps she will call for her daddy..:-)

    ReplyDelete