Thursday, January 15, 2009

One Extreme to another

Last week I was complaining because it was so cold here. This week I am wishing that it was cold again. I know, make up my mind. Here is what happened, we had a warm front come in and pushed out all that frigid cold, it melted snow and then dropped again so our streets were like ice rinks, the police responded to 168 cars in ditches around town yesterday. Schools were closed, my office was closed, the city buses were not running yesterday for Alaska to have closures it has to be SERIOUS weather.

It is January and raining for God sakes. Currently it is 46 degrees with another warm front coming in.

Driving to work this morning was alright the municipality was able to get out and clear the main roads, the side roads are another story - I turned to get into the driveway at my office and slid in sideways, needless to say I did not care about whether or not I was parked straight, I just didn't want to hit the damn building!

I am done complaining about the weather, the paper has forcasted that we are supposed to have a hotter than average summer. I promise not to complain about the hot weather, if it comes our way this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment