Monday, February 2, 2009

Who knew...

Saturday was a great day! The kids and I picked up my mom and headed for a morning of shopping and then to lunch. Our first stop was Starbucks, I ordered my new favorite drink Apple Chai Infusion, thank you Kate, Quentin and my mom ordered Passion Tea Lemonaides and Adrianna was asleep and at 4 1/2 months has not discovered how GREAT Starbucks is! Once we all had our drinks it was time to make way to Target - we only have one in Anchorage and it is across town but always worth the drive.

I bought only necessary items at Target which is a little disappointing but was proud that I stuck to my list and within budget! My mom however complained as we were leaving that she did not stick to her list. She bought Quentin the cutest rain boots, Lightening McQueen.

After spending an hour in Target it was time for lunch my mom let Quentin choose he decided on our favorite mexican restaurant La Cabana which is always so YUMMY!
While we were eating my aunt called and told me about a fantastic sale at JcPenny - so after lunch mom and I dropped the kids at home with my husband and my mom and I were off to JcPenny. I found AWESOME deals, I purchased 2 pairs of work pants and 3 shirts for work all for a total of $73.65 I had a gift card so my out of pocket was only $43.00 WOW you can't beat that!!!

I took mom home after JcPenny's and stopped at the gas station. I filled my car with gas and ran inside to get a beverage. As I was strolling down the aisle toward the refrigerator case, I saw that they had Stadium Style brats - remembering that I had been out playing all day and did not take anything out for dinner I thought that sound good. I bought a package of Brats, hot dog buns, a bag of chips and 3 homemade snickerdoodle cookies, my total was $12 WHO KNEW YOU COULD BUY DINNER AND DESSERT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY AT THE GAS STATION!!!!
I must say that the brats were so good I wish I had bought two packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment