Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do.....

SO I have been with my hair lady, Rhonda for almost 10 years now. During my pregnancy when I am most picky - I had asked for a new style, I have short hair so I know that limits it a little bit, Rhonda's answer is always the same ok we can do something different and then cuts it EXACTLY the same.
The last 6 months each time I went in for a cut I would look through the magazines and choose a new style only to be told "oh your hair wont look good that way" disappointed I would pay my $45 plus tip and walk out unhappy.

My mom also used Rhonda as her stylist, well in December she had a HUGE, I mean HUGE break in her hair, when she asked Rhonda about it was told that it was because her hair was dry from the weather. I mean seriously this was not correct, my mom had a hole in the back of her hair where it broke off.

So enough was enough, I found a new stylist Kilika - I visited her on Saturday and LOVE HER!!! She totally listened to me and gave me an updated look - I booked my next appointment for 6 weeks for color and cut. I am so happy I just feel sassy and sexy!!!
For the first time in months I didn't feel disappointed walking out of the salon or that I had just wasted my money.

My mom also visited Kilika on Saturday - it turns out that she had COMPLETE chemical damage to her hair and brakage all over - Kilika totally fixed her hair and she looks FABULOUS. I have not seen my mom's hair look this good in a very long time. My mom already has a plan on how she is going to break up with Rhonda - I wish she would break up for me too!

How do I break up with someone who I have been seeing for 10 years, I know I wasn't dating her but a hair dresser is like a therapist - it will be sad to break up with her. I guess I just need to put my big girl panties on and call Rhonda and tell I have found someone else.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I want to see pictures of the hair.

    2. Maybe it's passive-aggressive, but can you just stop making appointments with Rhonda? I think she'd get the hint, right? If she calls and asks why you aren't coming to see her anymore, just be straightforward: "I don't think you and I were communicating well about what I wanted to do with my hair. Whenever I suggested a change, you said, 'Oh sure,' but my hair always looked the same. I decided to try someone new, and I really like her."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kates 1 and 2. Although I guess I don't need to see a picture since I'll be seeing you in person on Monday, right? :o)
    As far as 2 goes....do you see Rhonda outside of when you get your hair cut? Do you ever talk to her besides when you're getting your hair cut? If not, then let her make the first move when she realizes that you're not making hair appointments anymore.

    ReplyDelete