Monday, February 23, 2009

An eventful weekend....

We celebrated our Anniversary this past weekend. The acutal day was last weekend however our babysitter, my mom, was out of town so we celebrated on Saturday with lunch and a movie. We dropped off the kids around 11:30 AM and once everyone was settled we were off to lunch at Applebees, we had a nice lunch and conversation, we realized it was the first time since Adrianna was born that we had been anywhere just the two of us. After lunch we decided to catch a movie, I wanted to see Gran Torino but Joe wanted to see Madea goes to Jail I really had no desire to see this movie but gave in and have to admit it was pretty funny, and apparently did very well this weekend.

After the movie we went to pick up the children, when we got to my mom's house she said that Quentin felt warm and had been sneezing and runny nose, my first thought was great another cold. It was around dinner time and mom said that she had been thinking about a Big Mac all day, I told her I would get her one since I needed to go to Carrs to get some medicine for Quentin.

I get the meds at Carrs and drive across the street to McDonald's the drive thru line was way too long so I decided to go in, I order the food and off I go. When exiting the parking lot I noticed something was sticking out of the snowbank, I looked it was a gun, yes I said a gun. I had to do a double no make that a triple take to realize what I was seeing. I called my mom and asked her what I should do, she suggested calling and speaking with the manager at McDonald's. OK I call the McDonald's and a teenager answers the phone, I told her what I saw and she sounded annoyed and just said "UM OK" not feeling confident that the nit wit would investigate the situation I decided to call the non-emergency line for APD. I gave the dispatcher the information, any other time that I have called (which is not a lot) the non-emergency line I have never received a call back, although I have never called for a weapon related matter. At any rate 45 minutes later my cell phone rings, the caller id said PRIVATE CALL, I answered. The voice on the phone said "May I speak to Hope Chavez?" I idenified myself, he then said, "This is Officer Fishback, I understand you found a weapon at McDonalds?" I gave him all the information and he told me to hold the line, he was arriving at McDonalds I told him which snow bank I saw the gun in. I told him that I was hoping it was a fake gun - he then said "no this is real" HOLY COW - a real gun this is what ran through my mind. SO then Officer Fishback asked for my drivers license number, address, phone number and date of birth. He told me that someone would contact me if they needed more information.

I am so glad that I called the police, who knew you could get a burger, fries and handgun at McDonalds? I know not funny but it made for an eventful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment