Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Turkey Stromboli

I found this recipe in my Parents Magazine and thought I would give it a try, I am forever searching for fast, easy and yummy recipes! The whole thing from start to finish took less than 30 minutes.

Quentin loved the stromboli except for the "grass", there was plenty for my small family of 3 (Adri didn't get to eat any yet) but for a larger family it is so easy that making two would not be that big of a deal.

Here is what you need:

Pillsbury Pizza Crust - 11 oz one
Turkey Tenders (I used breast and cut them into strips)
Cheese (any kind that you like)
Pizza or pasta sauce (anykind that you like - you will only use 2 tblsp per stromboli)
1 pkg frozen spinach thawed (grass) and drained
2 Tblsp Milk
Parmesan Cheese (the kind that you sprinkle)
Parchment paper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Boil the turkey tenders in stock until cooked through. While the turkey is boiling spread out the pizza crust on the parchment paper - spread the sauce on the bottom of the crust (I used regular tomato sauce and italian seasoning - put a layer of spinach or grass on top of the sauce - then spread out your turkey - then cover with cheese.

Cut 12 strips on both sides of the pizza crust and fold over criss cross if you want - brush the top of the stromboli with the milk and sprinkle parmesan cheese.

Transfer stromboli and parchment onto a cookie sheet and put in the oven to cook for 11-12 minutes!!

When I pulled the finished product out of the oven - it looked just like I had ordered it from a restaurant - and it was YUMMY!!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment