Monday, April 13, 2009

Blessings, Bunnies, Bread and Brunch

What a full weekend we had. My office was closed on Friday, so the kids and I headed to my mom's house to help her make the traditional Easter Bread, Bosca. The bread is an all day process so we got to my mom's house around 10 - she had already started the bread, it was rising for the first time.
Quentin went on an errand later with Joe in the afternoon and Adrianna took a nap so I finished up my "bunny" shopping. When I came back it was time to get the bread in the oven and just wait....my mom made potato soup for dinner and we watched a movie. As the first batch of bread came out of the oven Quentin and Grandma colored eggs it was fun to watch him dunk the eggs in the color.
Once the bread cooled it was time to FROST - YES!!! Quentin did the sprinkles and then licked the spoon for frosting. I will post pictures later -
Saturday was another busy day - Quentin wanted to eat lunch at Red Robin - not really sure why but we ate lunch there and then went home for naps - we colored eggs at our house and spent the afternoon cleaning getting ready for the Easter bunny - we put a carrot out for the bunny before bed. Quentin wanted to leave a cookie out for Santa too - I told him it was too early for Santa and that the bunny was Santa's friend. He was fine with this..PHEW!
Sunday was our busiest day - EASTER SUNDAY! I woke up at 6:30 AM and was able to get both kids dressed in thier Sunday best and myself out the door by 8:30 to make it to mass by 9:00AM -Even with the excitement of the bunny eating the carrot and leaving a treat I still made it to church on time! YEAH ME!!

After church we went to my mom's house for a traditional Landeis Family Easter breakfast, hard boiled eggs, Bosca and Itialin Sausage, I know my grandpa was smiling down on us as we ate, Easter breakfast was his deal and as long as I can remember it was always the same items, simple but memorable and good.
My mom had eggs hidden around her house for Quentin who had a blast finding the eggs -
After breakfast we watched Pinocchio and all let our bellies rest.
At 3PM we headed out for brunch - it was nice - Quentin really was impressed by the chef who made him a GIANT waffle - he also was sitting at the end of the table with the kids, and thought he was hot stuff.
(sitting at the big kids table)







(ready for another waffle)

Adrianna slept most of the time - when she woke up she just sat in her car seat and smiled at everyone.






My favorite part of the whole brunch was the dessert - Chocolate Covered Strawberries - they were DELICIOUS!!


I hope that you all had a great Easter! I feel blessed to have such a wonderful family and of course my friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment