Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Another trip to the doctor and April Fool's Day......

Joe took Adrianna to the doctor today because last night she felt warm and was fussy so I took her temp, it was 103. Normally this should alarm any parent, although because this is our what seems like millionth time with a high fever I self diagnosed. I assumed it was an ear infection AGAIN.

I finished getting dinner ready and called the doctor for an appointment this morning when the girl at the scheduling desk said what is the problem, I told her high fever and most likely an ear infection. Set the appointment for this morning at 8:30AM made a mental note that the morning would be rushed but we could do it.

The night went on with a fussy baby, we slept on the couch for most of the night until she was asleep enough that I could put her back in her bed, this was close to 3AM, my alarm went off at 5:30AM I hit snooze way too many times. I got up and ready for work, got Quentin up and dressed, then woke up Joe and then got Adrianna up and ready for the doctor.
As I was blow drying my hair I turned on Sprout we watch this in the mornings and then at night we watch the GoodNight Show, only a couple shows and then off to bed.
Quentin came into the bathroom and said "Mom is it night time?" I looked at him and said "no silly, why?" he said "UMMM the GoodNight Show is on" I thought he was kidding me, so I go to the living room and sure enough the damn GoodNIght Show is on, scrolling on the bottom of the screen it says that today is Scrambled April Fun Day (APRIL FOOLS DAY) so I explained to Quentin that is was backwards day and that is why the GoodNight Show was on in the morning. He sweetly said "OH" and went back to watching and eating his breakfast.

We will see how it goes tonight when we are watching the Sunny Side up show and it is time to go to bed, hopefully he sweetly say "OH" again and go to bed but I am not holding my breath.

The doctor confirmed that indeed Miss Adri has an ear infection, AGAIN - so we will do the antibiotic thing, AGAIN and pray that her damn teeth get done popping through so no more ear infections.

I hope that everyone is having a good Wednesday, I am ready for this week to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment