Monday, April 6, 2009

A Sign of Spring in Alaska (not what you think)

I will try to keep this post G-Rated, it might be hard because of the adult content!! LMAO!!!

I have read so many blogs from my fellow bloggers about the Spring weather in thier areas and planting flowers, washing driveways, taking walks etc. So many beautiful thoughts of Spring!
I wish that I could say that my posting would contain one of those items, sadly it doesn't.

The sun is shining so beautifully today that I decided to run some errands at lunch rather than stay in the office. My office is in Spenard, which is not the best area of town but not the worst and has pockets which are still pretty nice. My office is on the corner of Iowa Drive and Spenard Road - across the street from my office is a residence which is occupied by an older gentleman who is retired and keeps an eye on things happeneing on the street. Next to the house on the corner opposite of my office building is a hotel, I can't remember the name but it doesn't matter because I would never suggest anyone stay there.
Next to our office on the left side is the Spenard Hotel (read the review Cheerios in my bed and Hotel Hell - very funny!) This hotel is best known for it's "hourly rates" staying at this hotel you will not have nice view of the majestic moutains that surrond the Anchroage Bowl - rather the XXX store that is located in the very next parking lot over - LOL!! Ok so you now know the area that I must spend each and every day~moving on....

I always know when it is Spring because the pimps and prostitutes who have been quiet all winter start to emerge. My vision of Spring is of Old men in nice cars slowling down so that the girl running down the street can jump in, then 20 minutes later the same car drops the girl back off and she is back on the corner for her next date.
I know, I know not the visions of Daffodils and cherry blossoms that you wanted but this is my reality.

Happy Spring!! LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment