Monday, March 23, 2009

The Volcano FINALLY BLEW!!!!!

From a previous post in January where we were all on alert for Mt. Redoubt the dang volcano finally erupted last night around midnight. It has erupted 5 or 6 times since then. I have to say that I was proud to be prepared!!! I had my masks, and air filters and emergency kit!! YEAH ME!!
So I wake up this morning because I was asleep whent he eruption occured to find 5 text messages on my phone all about the volcano. The ash was supposed to hit Anchorage around 2 AM it never did and now we will most likely only get a dusting of ash - PHEW!!! ASH is nasty to clean up! The Mat-Su Valley is getting most of the ash - although we are tough in Alaska and all schools are open!!!
I will keep you all updated on the happenings of the Volcano!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment