Monday, March 9, 2009

Just call me Lady Luck



This weekend was almost perfect - the only reason it wasn't perfect was because nothing really is.


Saturday started out great both children slept in until 8AM - I made blueberry muffins, eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. Once the kitchen was cleaned we (myself and the children) got ready to go to Target, the purpose of the trip was to get some baskets to organize some areas of the house, however I think that I only purchased one basket. I did get the bargain of the year (so far) this wool coat was marked down from $75.00 to $16.24 I didn't think twice about putting it in my cart!

Feeling GREAT about my new coat, we headed to the baby department. Adrianna is ready for an exersaucer so I thought I would check out what they had, we got the Jumperoo also on sale that day! As I was looking at the Jumperoo I glanced down the aisle that the binkies are on - THEY HAD THE BINKIES that I was looking for with a bright red sticker that said NEW ITEM. I about screamed I was so happy!! I purchased all 5 packages that they had!!
We finished up our trip to Target and decided to that it was time for lunch, we called to see if Joe was awake and if he wanted to go to lunch with us. We ended up going to LaCabana, which is our favorite place. As we headed downtown it occurred to me that LaCabana was on 4th Avenue, usually not a big deal however the Iditarod Sled Dog Race was starting on this day and they block 4th Avenue. With a little manoeuvring and driving down the wrong way on a couple of streets and sidewalks we made it - it was perfect too because the teams had to pass right by the restaurant, it was so beautiful outside that Quentin wanted to watch a couple of teams - so Joe and Adrianna went inside while Quentin and I watched the last 5 teams take off on their journey to Nome.
After lunch we decided that we needed to go to GCI, our cellular service carrier, and switch out our SIM cards. They are updating their service and have been requesting for people to come in a switch out the cards since October, we have drug our feet until receiving a text message that said if we didn't switch out our cards we would have an interruption in service. Joe waited in the car with both sleeping children and I went into to switch out the cards on our phones. Now usually I do things right away - however AM SO GLAD that I procrastinated. I waited in line and when it was my turn I gave the lady our phones and said we needed to switch out the SIMS. She smiled and said ok and thank you - as a thank you gift for the inconvenience of having to switch the cards I got to choose a prize for each number we had on our account. I got to choose two "gifts" The first ticket I chose was FREE CELLULAR SERVICE FOR ONE MONTH! I was happy with that choice - so as I reached in to choose my second "gift" as I was doing this I asked the girl what the gifts were - she said a little of everything, Airline miles, a 4wheeler, free service, free phones etc. So I pulled out the ticket and handed it to the girl it said FREE PHONES - now anyone who has cell phones knows this can be deceiving because they are usually cheap - so I was not as excited to see this prize. The girl says that they had not given many of the phones away so I should feel lucky - I asked her what phone it was, she said it was the Blackberry Pearl!!!!!!! I could not believe it I have been bugging Joe for this phone since Christmas but have been told no as they are $499.98 each - obviously way to expensive to pay for a dang phone. So imagine how STOKED I am that we won them! Since we have two numbers associated with our cell account we each got a new Blackberry!!!
So after spending 45 minutes in the store for a quick switch out - I get back in the car and Joe immediately says "what did you do?" I just looked at him and handed him the new phone - he didn't say anything and then looked at me I was totally CHEESING and said "it was FREE"
he was relieved that I didn't just drop $1000 for new phones.....
Anyway I just was on such a lucky streak on Saturday that I decided to purchase lotto tickets - we will see if my luck continues!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to be you! I want that coat! And a free cell phone - mine is, um, almost 8 years old. Yikes! Hope your lucky streak continues!

    ReplyDelete