Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quentin are you there....?


When I picked up Quentin after school yesterday they were outside playing, which is GREAT that they are taking advantage of the sunny days that we have had. Last summer the average temp was low 50's all summer with maybe two days of sun - we are all LOVING this weather!

Anyway I was heading to the play ground and Quentin's teacher saw me and said he is a big dust ball - I just smiled and continued to the play ground. Sure enough he was a walking dirt ball - the first thing that came to mind was "my god I gave birth to Pig Pen" He was wearing plaid shorts and a white t-shirt that was now gray from all the dirt on it.....


I really should have taken a picture because it was so mind boggling how one child could get so dirty in a single day....he ran up to me and gave me a big hug - I was wearing black slacks so I had two little hand prints on my butt - NICE.....good thing I didn't have to go anywhere last night!

As soon as we got home we didn't not even say hello to Joe or Adri we went right upstairs to the tub where I proceeded to scrub the child, his hair felt so nasty when I put the water on his head to wash - like I was making a mud pie on my childs head or something, my white washcloth was black by the time he was all clean and the bath water was DISGUSTING.......I had to scrub the tub when he was done there was so much sand on the bottom.

I am glad though that he has such a good time at school, we have signed him up for the summer program so I will have many more nights of picking up Pig Pen!!

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how they get dirty so fast. Lily has a pink shirt that has been muddy so many times, that I can't get it clean anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the worst part.....I want him to look presentable however I hate sending him to school in Gymboree or Children's Place stuff because it gets ruined from the dirt.....Oh well.

    ReplyDelete