Monday, May 4, 2009

15 hours of Scrapbooking!!!!!!!

pasta salad!
Cold Cut lunch meat for sandwiches

My work space - very messy!!!


Emily journaling! Notice the beautiful glare from the sun in the window - behind her a demonstration going on!



Working hard on her project!




Aunt Lisa with her Scrapbooking Flair
National Scrapbook Day was this past Saturday and I was lucky enough to get to scrap with my aunt and friend Emily for 15 whole hours!!
It was so much fun!!!! Emily was kind enough to pick me up at 8AM we were meeting Aunt Lisa at Starbucks for breakfast before heading over to More than a Memory to scrap at 9AM. The agreed time to meet was 8:15AM - at exactly 8:02AM I received a text message from Aunt Lisa that said "WHERE ARE YOU?" I mean this woman is crazy, she had her bags packed for weeks and had laid her clothes out Friday night when she got home for work for Saturday...I mean she is NUTS!
Once we all had our drinks and a delicious breakfast sandwich we were on our way to start our 15 hours of scrapping!!
There was a great bunch of ladies at the shop scrapping, we met a new friend Liz who is a Creative Memories consultant and our new BFF! There was also a very annoying girl who was sitting next to Lisa and literally did not stop talking from the moment she arrived to when Tonya (the shop owner) kicked her out after midnight....Emily, Lisa and I were texting each other very rude comments about the girl. I would get up to use the SIZZIX or the Cricut and would come back to the table and the girl would still be talking - I would say "still talking" it would have been one thing if she was talking about something interesting - but she was talking about such stupid stuff...it was rather annoying. At one point I said that my throat hurt and that I probably have the swine flu - as a joke. The annoying girl jumped in and said "you know swine flu has not come to Alaska yet" I just looked at her and said "well I am probably the first case" I rolled my eyes at her which did not phase her and she kept talking........I really wanted to take a sharp object and shove it in my eye at one point.

Drawings were held throughout the day - we all won at least 2 prizes which is always fun! I won a Christmas paper pack that included stamps, stickers and embellishments. I also won a Birthday pack which was perfect since I had been eyeing that paper line at the store!
Aunt Lisa and Emily both won cutting systems which were valued at $60 - Emily also won an album and I can't remember the second prize that Aunt Lisa won.
We also had a wonderful lunch of cold cut sandwiches and pasta salad and chocolate chip cookies.
Dinner was taco salads and ice cream sandwiches for dessert!
There was a lot of laughing while we worked!
I got both kids albums caught up - I have this past Easter to scrap so I am pleased!
It was a long day but so worth it, the only thing that would have made it perfect was if my scrap-sister Brenda was here, she moved to Florida exactly a year ago...I miss her especially when I do these types of things we started our scrap addiction together!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should send my albums to you! Sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete