Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cooking dinner has become such a chore...

The past couple of months I have found myself in a food rut. I take the samething in my "food bag" everyday to work..yogurt, fruit, and salad. For dinner I also find that we are in a rut, I feel like I don't even need to make a grocery list when I go to the store.
So this weekend the kids have been with Joe and I have actually been home all weekend, which is the first time since November that I have had so much time on my own. I am not complaining, I did help my mom host a surprise baby shower for a good friend, got a pedicure and managed to sleep in.
I also decided that I am going to expand our dinner menus for the week. I made a menu (which I usually do) for each day of the week, made my grocery list accordingly for the items that I didn't have in either the freezer or the pantry. I have also gone a step farther and decided that the meals that I have planned for the week can mostly be made ahead of time or at least started and put in the freezer so that all I have to do is pull it out and heat.

So what is on the menu you may be asking...

Taco Soup - this is a crock pot meal which is so easy just open the cans of ingredients dump in the crock pot (I LOVE MY CROCK POT) I will put the canned stuff together the night before put in the fridge and the morning all I have to do is brown the hamburger add to soup mix and turn on the crock pot - when we get home from work, school and day care it will be all ready!

Sticky Chicken - another easy crock pot meal...season the whole chicken the night before and let it sit in the fridge pull out the next day put in the crock pot and let it work it's magical powers! It will be ready when we come home. I will put together a green salad and make some rice to go along with the chicken!

Chicken Tacos - using left over chicken from the night before
Spaghetti -
Lasagna -

Planning and preparing meals ahead will also make cooking dinner less of a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment