Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas 2009

I can't beleive that it has taken me this long to post the Christmas pictures - here they are!

We had a great Christmas this year. Christmas Eve we spent at my mom's house she made an excellent dinner of turkey, ham and all the fixings. After dinner we played the game Apples to Apples which was super fun! We opened our traditional gifts from my mom, every year since I can remember she has given us an ornament that we open on Christmas Eve, then it was time for cookies and we watched a little bit of "A Christmas Story" my brother's favorite movie.
When we got home it was time to leave the cookies and milk for Santa, Quentin fell asleep in the car on the way home so I just put out the milk and cookie for Santa - Sorry Rudolph no carrot this year.

I had the joy of putting together a Kitchen for Adri from Santa since he doesn't wrap his gifts when he comes to our house - it was a must to put the kitchen together. I realized after looking at the pictures that I didn't get any of the damn kitchen....LORD.
I (I mean Santa) filled the stockings and to bed I went around 1 AM, I knew it would be a short sleep I was sure that Quentin would be up EARLY....
Quentin woke up at 7:30 not too bad, and thank goodness not much later as my mom and Ryan and Jasmine were coming over at 8 am for presents and breakfast.
Quentin went through his stocking as I made some much needed coffee....he got some art supplies and a few pairs of Batman socks in his stocking. The Batman socks were a must as he only told Jingles our Elf on the Shelf (like he was testing the poor little elf) thank goodness I overheard him make this request - PHEW!

Quentin had asked for only one thing from Santa and that was a DS - I (I mean Santa) had placed the DS and a couple games on a side table away from the stockings, it took him a few minutes to locate the gift but he was so surprised when he did....I love his face!
I thought it was interesting that Quentin didn't seem to notice the cookies and milk that we had left for Santa, although when Adri woke up at 8 she went through her stocking which contained a FOO FA (from YO Gabba Gabba) doll and some bath toys and a toothbrush, she went right over to the plate where the left over cookie was and had a little before breakfast snack....it should also be mentioned that she didn't even notice her new kitchen....SHEESH!

The kids recevied many nice gifts from friends and family - I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends who remember my kids!
After the presents were opened breakfast was ready so we ate and then it was time to "find the pickle" (DIRTY MINDS remember this is a family blog) so we play as a whole family, usually I am the one who hides the pickle and then everyone looks for it, the first one to find the pickle gets an extra gift - usually a gift card with a $20 value! Ryan, my brother suggested that he handle the pickle this year he was in charge of getting the gift card and hiding the ornament, so that I could particpate this year....GUESS what I WON!!!! You can see how happy I was, even more the gift card was for Target!
(not sure why this picture is so little - I need to replace maybe - maybe not then you can't fully see my bed head!)
The most surprising gift was for the whole family and from my mom - she got us a Wii! This was such a surprise as I had made a deal with my mom that she should not get us a Christmas gift, that we didn't need anything and Christmas is about the kids....well she did not listen....we have needless to say already had so much fun with the Wii!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and were surrounded by loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment