Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wiggly Adventure

I can't beleive that this is my first post in a couple weeks, I have a lot to write but I guess just not the time.
As stated in a previous post the kids, my mom and I were heading down to Washington for a mini vacation to see friends but the main reason was to see The Wiggles Go Banana's show which was in Everett Washington on July 17, 2009. We flew down on Thursday the day before so that we could get adjusted and be ready for the show on Friday. Remember also that Quentin did not know we were going to see the Wiggles.
We arrived in Washington had a great flight down, issues with the rental car (a whole seperate blog) and then we had lunch at Red Robin at Southcenter I could not stand it anymore I had to tell Quentin - I told him that we were going to the show on Friday - I guess I was more excited or he didn't understand what I was saying because his response was "OH" and continued to eat his hot dog....I was crushed.
After lunch we went to Target to get some supplies for the hotel and the weekend, food for Adri, sun screen and snacks for the hotel! Then it was off to Everett.
We arrived at the hotel in Everett around 4 O'Clock as we drove into the parking lot of the hotel I noticed 3 very large tour buses parked along the side of the hotel in the back. I just looked at my mom and said "I bet the Wiggles are staying here" her response was a slight laugh along with "I am sure we won't see them if they are"
We checked into the hotel and got to our room. Quentin wanted to go swimming so we all changed into to our swim suits mom and I blew up some floaties for the kids and then off to the pool that we went. We swam for over an hour, the kids both loved the pool. I was surprised that Adri loved the pool she had a floatey that she was able to sit in and she just kicked herself all over the pool.
When we were done swimming it was time to get back to the room and think about dinner, Quentin wanted pizza which sounded good to everyone.
After we all got back into dry clothes I decided to run down to the car to get the rest of the stuff that I had left earlier. Quentin of course wanted to come with me. No problem we waited for the elevator when the doors opened there was a girl in the elevator. We stepped on and Quentin noticed she had a Wiggles Logo on her shirt, I recognized her as being Claire one of the Wiggles dancers. She smiled and talked to Quentin, I asked if they were staying at the hotel, she said yes they had arrived on Wednesday. She asked if we were going to the show and I told her yes that we had flown down from Alaska to see the show, she was very surprised.
The elevator arrived in the lobby and we got off, sitting in the chairs directly in front of the elevator was ANTHONY (he is the blue wiggle) I couldn't beleive it (side note - remember we had just gotten out of the pool - I LOOKED FRIGHTFUL! LORD!!!) Quentin was busy still talking to Claire who was walking towards Anthony, once Quentin saw him he recognized him right away (even out of costume) I wish that I had my camera with me because the look on Quentin's face was one that I will never forget! He talked to Anthony for a few minutes and then we went to the car - on the way back in Anthony and his friends were getting into the hotel shuttle - Quentin all the while saying "hey Anthony! See you later" Anthony told him he would see him tomorrow at the show, Quentin then told him that he liked his tattoos (He has tattoos on his arms, and is VERY GOOD LOOKING! I MEAN REALLY GOOD LOOKING AND THAT ACCENT).
We got back to the room and Quentin could not wait to tell Grandma who we had just seen! My mom could not beleive how lucky Quentin was, although it was so cute becasue she asked if Captain Feathersword was with Anthony, remember that is her favorite character.......
Friday morning we got up and went to breakfast, we slept in a little bit so Quentin was in his jammies and mom and I threw on clothes ran combs through our hair and downstairs we went. After breakfast mom was getting the shuttle arranged for the show - Quentin and I were looking at the fountain in the lobby, behind my mom was Katarina, one of the Wiggles dancers that Quentin and I had met the night before she was with Carl (CUUUUTTTTEEEEEEEEEEE) she said good morning and I responded and asked if they were ready for the show, she said yes and asked if we were going today, I said yes the 3 o'clock show. Katarina then asked if we were going to the meet and greet, I said "no we were not invited to that" Carl chimes in and says "Quentin has to come to the meet and greet. Give me your phone number and name and I will have the tour manager ring you" HOLY COW! This type of thing never happens to me, Joe all the time but me never!
So we get back to the room and I jump in the shower - when I get out of the shower my mom is singing "we are going to meet the wiggles" I said "what?" the tour manager called on behalf of Anthony and wanted to invite Quentin to the meet and greet! YAY!!! He was going to get to meet all of them! Our leasurily morning turned into rushing as we had to get ready for the meet and greet which was at 1:30!
We arrived at the meet and greet and it was wonderful! Quentin got to meet all the Wiggles, my mom got to meet her beloved Captian Feathersword and then we watched the show, it was the beginning of a wonderful weekend! Quentin cracked everyone up when he asked Murray (the red wiggle) if he liked ZZ Top, Murray responded with yes they are a good band, then Murray wanted to know what Quentin's favorite ZZ Top song was, the smile on Murray's face was great, Quentin said "LAGRANGE, Murray you like La Grange?"
You will notice from the pictures that Anthony was not there, he had a sore throat and wanted to rest up for the concert, I am sure glad that we met him at the hotel.

Murray (red) Jeff (purple) Capt. Feathersword (pirate) Sam (yellow) Mom, Adri, Quentin and me. Adri is less than impressed at the meet and greet.
The Wiggles yes a silly bunch of guys entertaining pre-schoolers are such a class act, the show was fantastic, I actually really enjoyed it!

Jeff, Captain Feathersword, Sam watching as Quentin is asking Murray his very important question!
I love the look on Quentin's face when Murray asked him what his favorite ZZ top song was.....


1 comment:

  1. Great story! Glad to hear they're decent guys. Our 18 month old daughter is absolutely obsessed with them now. Between you and me I dig their songs too. ;-)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete