Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer 2011



I am clearly not doing well on keeping up on this blog. I can't believe that we are end of the summer already. A little update on what has been going on in the Chavez house this summer.

Quentin did the summer program at Starbright, the preschool that he attended - they have a school age program. He went on field trips to different parks 2 times a week and had swimming at a local pool every Friday. He also participated in the summer reading program and completed several book reports! I am so happy that he loves to read!

Adrianna spent the summer days with her regular day care provider - whom she loves and so do I. Adri's big accomplishment this summer is that she is officially a big girl! She is potty trained!!! WOOT WOOT!!! I can't believe that I am totally done with diapers! I am putting the money in a savings account that I would have spent on diapers each month!!!

The kids spent a month with Joe which gave me a lot of "Hope" time. I spent time in Girdwood hiking and biking at the ski resort. We took a mini road trip to Denali National Park where we had planned on hiking around the park however it was pouring down rain so we decided to head up to Fairbanks - just had lunch and decided to keep going to Chena Hot Springs. I LOVED IT!!! I have also continued on the weight watchers program and as of yesterdays weigh in I have lost a total of 34.8 pounds!!




Quentin started First Grade this week - I can't believe he is in First Grade! Adri will be 3 in two weeks, which I am also struggling with. She will be starting at Starbright on the 12th of September, which is hard for me to wrap my mind around, she was born the week after Quentin started at Starbright which seems like just yesterday .





Other than playing outside and taking bike rides when the weather was great - we are now gearing up for winter. The kids and I are all going to take ski lessons at Alyeska this winter! We are looking forward to it, can you believe that I just said I was actually looking forward to winter...but I am in we are less than 80 ish days away from opening day of ski season!!




No comments:

Post a Comment