Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sleep Training Continued

I made it through the first night so the second night couldn't be as bad as the first night of listening to 2 hours of ear piercing screams.

When I picked Adrianna up from day care Jessica (the best day care provider EVER) had made a chart for sleeping in her own bed - she gets a sticker for each day she sleeps in her own bed, Adri was VERY excited about this...Jessica did this all on her own, which I thought was AWESOME!!!

OK so Wednesday night's bedtime routine went much like the previous night, books, jammies and teeth brushed. Before we even made it up the stairs she was crying and clinging to my neck. I kissed her and put her in bed said good night and closed the door. Before I even made it down two steps she threw her water cup...the crying wasn't as violent and ear piercing as the first night. She was first calling for me and when I didn't respond she started to call for Quentin - after 20 minutes right before she stopped crying and fell asleep she cried out "anyone" which made me totally crack up!! After I stopped laughing I realized that she had only cried for 20 minutes which I thought was OUTSTANDING!!! Both kids were asleep by 8:45 - which meant I had a little time to myself!

Night 3 and 4 the same routine although the screams have been reduced to fussing and less than 10 minutes!!

I am feeling very successful in that I didn't cave and give in. I have had 4 nights in a row of very restful sleep in my own bed that has lasted all night!!

Next on the agenda with the girl is potty training - which she is ready for so I am hoping that this milestone also goes very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment