Friday, April 2, 2010

APRIL FOOLS...

Yesterday was April Fools..I remember as a little girl my grandmother would do little jokes and make the day fun! I thought this year I would also try to pull a prank on my family!
I sent out invitations for the First Annual Wacky Dinner...I invited my brother and his girlfriend and my mom. The invites went out a week in a half before the dinner and boy did I get a bunch of questions from the family what are we having for dinner....my response was "it is a surprise" I added an evil sounding laugh.

When everyone arrived I had Menu cards on the table in the spots.


The first course was a garden salad with wild greens, mandarin oranges and crispy sweet peas (nothing wacky about this)

The second course was Cupcakes...as soon as I put the cake plate with the cupcakes on the table Adrianna was pointing and saying cup cakes...she was very excited...Quentin was the first one to have a cupcake he choose one with green frosting...he tasted the frosting and said it was "play doh" I said no it wasn't...then Adri had a one with pink frosting....Jasmine and my mom were next....my mom's first reaction was "Hope Diane, why on earth would you serve play doh" I was cracking up by this time, no one realized that the cupcake was meatloaf with mashed potato frosting.....when I told them it was not play doh and to try the cupcake an up roar of laughter came from the dining room when they realized I had tricked them!!! I yelled APRIL FOOLS!!!

Honestly I can't believe I pulled it off...like they couldn't smell the meatloaf when they walked in the house..LMAO!



For Dessert I served Fish Sticks with BBQ sauce and Peas - obviously after the cupcake course they were onto my prank nonetheless I still proceeded and served my Fish Sticks. The sticks were made using sugar wafers, peanut butter and cornflakes..the peas were made using taffy (they were hard a rock by the time it was time to eat them) the BBQ sauce was seedless strawberry jam warmed in the microwave!

I have already decided that I am going to take the day off next year so that I can prepare another wacky dinner and have some fun games to go along with the dinner.
Did anyone else do a wacky dinner or pull pranks?


No comments:

Post a Comment